Many JVTers have responded to the call, but more support is needed. All throughout Ramadan, the fridge initiative is providing sustinence to the needy among us.
Here in JVT, there are many less fortunate – our gardeners, security guards and the hundreds of labourers building our new shopping malls and the surrounding apartment buildings.
The JVT Ramadan fridges run out of stock several times a day. Yesterday, my family and I filled two fridges and met one of the wonderful fridge managers who told us about the daily ritual of filling the fridge and the many workers stopping by for a refreshment or some fruit.
Here’s where to head:
- District 5 Villa B37
- District 9 Villa E26 and Villa N15
- Imperial Residence lobby
- Safestway supermarket (next to cashier)
What to give:
- Drinks: water, juices, soda, laban
- Fruit: bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, watermelon in portions
- Vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, onions
- Dry food such as dates, biscuits, nuts and crisps
Time to share !
If you want to know more, sign up with the Facebook group Ramadan Sharing Fridges in the UAE or read the recent Gulf News article featuring our own JVT resident Alison Wade!
Leave us a comment about how you are helping others this Ramadan and inspire more action.